Tuesday, September 23, 2008

What happened the last few months

Hi!

More than a few friends and readers alike have asked why I've stopped posting! Well...I've quite a number of interests and a major interest is reading. Yeah, I've been reading quite a number of books the last few months - upon waking up, during lunch breaks, while waiting for people, while waiting for food to be served at restaurants, just before bed...And when the stuff are interesting, I'll be discussing the subject of my reads with my better half whenever there's time.

You see, the so called "stuff" that I've been reading are some recommended books and some online learning materials from the 2-year mentoring programme that Chee Hoong and I are in. Click here to read about our programme : http://www.masteryasia.com/

So that was what happened that kept me away from the pc!

Also, my close friends and some clients also know of my lastest foray into the world of property investment. That too ate up quite a lot of time - from market research, property surveys and the endless financial and legal paperwork.


Exciting news !

Many a time, people call up looking for minor work like plaster ceiling or painting or grills. We just do not have the heart to quote a designer's price for small work! What I always did was to tell callers that they can save some money if they just get small independent contract workers to do the work and monitor such workers themselves, they could save themselves some money - cost savings from having to employ a designer and project supervisor!

A common concern is people are worried that the contract workers may not produce good work or worse cheat them of money. That led me to the idea that I could probably come up with a list of our recommended independent contractors. Contractors on this list will be people I know and who may have worked on our projects before, or recommended by our clients or recommended by my friends. In short, contractors on the list are people whom I feel can be trusted. I'm now working on this new website with guides on monitoring and handling contract workers. My partner Daniel is already on standby to help kickstart it! We will launch the new website before November 2008.

No comments:

Post a Comment